Electrocuted head with 110 volts many times. Having temporary memory loss and finding hard to remember. Could I ask a doctor?

Psychiatrist
Question
I've been electricuted many times over a period of five years,the most in the last two,with 110 volts to the head,causing temporary memory loss,some seems to be harder to remember what and how much damage could have been done,and what kind of specialist should I see
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to consult neurologist and psychiatrist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for the query

Looking at your issues you need to seek neurologist for knowing to what extent the memory problems are caused by repeated electrocution injury; and a clinical psychologist to perform the appropriate test

To assess why you are electrocuting yourself repeatedly, you need a thorough comprehensive psychiatric assessment. Or was these all electrocutions accidental?

Wish you good health

Follow-up: Electrocuted head with 110 volts many times. Having temporary memory loss and finding hard to remember. Could I ask a doctor? 1 hour later
Doctor I did not do such a thing to myself I was attacked by criminals in my home, I reported to the police and the FBI as soon as I was able

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I am sorry for wrong assumption

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for wrong assumption that you were attempting suicide. Sometimes, depression can give rise to memory problems.

I wonder why you were attacked so often by the criminals? Do you indulge in some gang activities or do you have some ongoing issues for which this attack is happening with you?

Having known answers to these above questions will help me to answer whether there is any need for psychiatrist consultation.

As said earlier, to see the extend of damage to brain due to repeated electrocutions, you will need to consult a Neurologist.

I await for your response