Electric sensation and chronic pain in shoulder. No relief from neorontin. Any suggestion?

Hi I have cronic pain in my shoulder and sometime i get like a electric sensation down my arm .3 years ago the Dr. prescibed neorontin 300mg at night but i still have the pain what can you suggest ? XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Thanks for your query. Neorontin is gabapentin possibly started in your case for possible peripheral neuropathy that manifests with the electric sensation. If the pain has not improved, considering chronic shoulder pain and your age, i would suggest a x-ray of your shoulder joints. Degenerative arthritis is a possibility in the case. Sometimes bone spurs associated with arthritis can also manifest with symptoms like peripheral neuropathy (electric sensation). Do clarify any other query you may want to.
Dr Sundar