Elbow pain, tingling sensation in hands and feet. Is this related to MS?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have been having tingling in my hands and feet and knee and elbow pain. it come and goes but this time it has lasted for about a week. my said my b12 and vitamin d is low. what could this be? could this be ms?
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms you have are not likely to be related to MS. Most of the times it happens due to benign causes like Vitamin B 12 and Vitamin D3 deficiency. You can start with the appropriate supplements as suggested by your physician. In most of the cases an improvement is evident in 3-4 weeks.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Elbow pain, tingling sensation in hands and feet. Is this related to MS? 7 minutes later
i forgot to tell you that i have muscle in back of the legs hurt real bad and i know this said funny but my upper front teeth has a vibration. my b12 was at 200 and sure about vitamind was. is that low? the knee pain is real bad. why do you think its not ms? i glad that it not that
both of the hands and feet has the tingling and sometime they get cold.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 27 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The pan in the back of legs could be due to vitamin D deficiency or electrolyte imbalance. MS is usually associated with generalized symptoms and loss of muscle strength.
You can get your Vitamin D levels checked and get the proper supplements prescribed accordingly.
For the knee pain you can start with mild pain killers like ibuprofen and a hot fomentation.
Vitamin B 12 level at 200 is slightly on a lower side of normal.
A complete physical examination will be helpful in proper diagnosis.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.