Elbow joint shifted after accident. Not fixed by surgery. Should I go for surgery?

Question
Hi, My Name is XXXXXXX ActuallyI Had an accident in Feb 2007, On that accident my right hand's elbow's bone got disorder, and doctor and didn't fixed that on that time. So I Want to know that can get this in order by surgery or I've any other option for this??

Thanks.

XXXXXX
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 19 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

It would you better if you had provided more information about the injury and treatment that was done, It helps to provide personalized answer.

Did you have a fracture at the elbow?
Do you have the prescription what was done to fix it?
Do you have a functional problem like unable to do some work as part of routine or it is a cosmetic disfigurement?
Which city are you in?

Delayed fixation can lead to malunion of fracture and revision surgery can be done. The outcome depends on the deformity now and the skill of the surgeon. If you can detail me out I can help you out with whom to consult?

Dr. Mazumdar.

Follow-up: Elbow joint shifted after accident. Not fixed by surgery. Should I go for surgery? 15 minutes later
Hi, Dr. Mazumdar,

Thanks for your quick revert, I really appreciate your reply. Now I'm answering step by step as you want: -

Did you have a fracture at the elbow?

No it's not a big fracture, that accident just moved my elbow's bone due to that it's got disorder. it's was little crack on that time.

Right Now I don't have that prescription but i'll send it to you shortly.

I can do all the things normally but only problem is that My hand not opening and closing completely. My elbow's bone stuck somewhere. I can open it in a limit only.

Which city are you in?
I live in New Delhi (Badarpur).

I'll also try to show you some x-ray of that time. so that you can understand it better..

Thanks.
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Thank you for the details.
I will be waiting you to upload the scan copy of the prescription and Xray report copy. Please use the document/report upload feature on the right side of the page.
It looks like a dislocation of the elbow and it was not reduced properly.

Waiting for the reports...