Elbow injury, swollen, tender to touch. Should I be concerned about pain during exercising?

I slammed my elbow playing basketball two weeks ago. I have complete range of motion, but it seems slightly swollen and it went from very tender to the touch to not too bad now. The only pain I have is I worked out last night for the first time since the injury and I had pain in the bench press and triceps extentions...every other excercise was pain free. Should I be overly concerned about this? Is this just an inflammation or something else?
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 20 minutes later

You should not be overly concerned about this. This looks like minor oral analgesics can help you with these symptoms.

If symptoms persist or worsen then you will have to see your doctor and get a xray done to rule out bony injury.

Hope this answers your question.