Ejected semen, got it put physically, abnormal period. Pregnant?

Hi Doc

On 14th XXXXXXX my partner ejected semen on my body shortly after about 3-5min he fingered me and there was some semen on his finger my period was due on the 28th XXXXXXX and it came 2 days late ( it might came late as i travelled a day before my period) well then 2 days after my heavy normal period came and lasted 5 days.. I'm still worried that i am pregnant could i be or not
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

You can go for urine pregnancy test but there are less chances as you said you had normal periods.

In case of threatened and missed abortion there is usually spotting which is dark in colour and in case of incomplete abortion there is passage of clots with pain.

To be 100 % sure one should go for an ultrasound scan so as to see the endometrial thickness and gestational sac.

In my opinion you just had delayed normal periods.

Follow-up: Ejected semen, got it put physically, abnormal period. Pregnant? 35 minutes later
So do you think I'm on the safe side as I am not experimenting any symptoms yet! After how many days do you start getting symptoms it has been a month since so I think I would got some symptoms by now right?

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 hours later
Welcome again,
You had intercourse on 14th XXXXXXX and had normal periods on 28th XXXXXXX , today is 19th July so you did not have any amenorrhoea or absent periods for one month.
Regarding symptoms they may or may not be there.Pregnancy with bleeding can occur due to certain causes which I have mentioned earlier.
I hope this satisfies your query.
Any further query is most welcome