Ejaculating very less semen. Is this normal? What treatment should be done?

Question
I ejaculate very less semen around 4-5 drops of semen. Is this normal,if not then what can b done to cure it.plz help
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later
Normal semen volume after each ejaculation is 2-5 ml. There is no measurement available in drop counts as it depends on drop size but 4-5 drops of semen is supposed to be low normal volume.
But remember ejaculation volume depends on frequency of ejaculation. If you do ejaculate frequent time in a day your ejaculatory volume will be reduce because the amount of semen stored in the seminal vesicles comes down.
Aging, smoking and excessive sex are most three important cause of low volume semen.
For better understanding your problem I would like to ask you few questions.
1.     Are you married? If yes then what is your wife opinion about your sexual life?
2.     How long are you have been suffering from this low semen volume?
3.     Do you ever in your life having normal ejaculation?
4.     Usually how many times in a day you ejaculate?
5.     Do you get full orgasm after ejaculation?
6.     Can you please collect your single ejaculatory semen volume in a container (which has measuring marks on their body) so I should clearly understand how many volume semen you ejaculate in a single ejaculation and if case of low volume semen.
7.     What is the consistency of your semen?
8.     Do you have premature ejaculation?

Please give reply to the questions so that I can understand your problem and give you best suggestion and in the meantime you do a semen analysis to know any problem related to semen volume and quality after 5 days of abstinence from sex and/or masturbation.
Both your semen analysis report and answer of my question can help me to solve your problem.
Waiting for your reply.
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Ejaculating very less semen. Is this normal? What treatment should be done? 3 days later
Hello doctor

Based on ur questions m sending u the reply

No. M not married.but m into a relationship and my partner has always been happy and satisfied with me.

I have always suffered from this low semen volume since my puberty.

"normal ejaculation" is defined as????? I just know thT i dont ejaculate as much as i am suppose to. I m sure that i should have been ejaculating more than i do

Well i masturbate once in 2-3 days.

Always.

After reading this question i went to buy a small container.and i measured it.it barely reaches to 1.5ml or 2 ml. :(

Ididnt understand this question.

Sometimes yes

So i answered all ur questions..
I am hoping to get some help.hoping for a positive reply.
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 3 hours later

Thanks for detailed to the point answering of my questions.

After going through your answer it is clear that probably you don’t have any abnormality in your semen volume.

My advices to you if possible do a semen analysis and stop thinking about those issues.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.

Wish you good health.

Thanks,
Dr Sourav Ganguly