Ejaculated on face. Test results showed positive for ORal herpies. Having dull stomach pain and eyes are yellow. Help?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
about 2.5 weeks ago I gave a handjob to someone (anonymous) and they ejaculated on my face. some may have gotten into my eye. I washed it out immediately. On day 11 I took an HIV RNA test and another one that tested for herpes, hepatitis Gon, etc. I came back Pos for ORal herpies 1. I m told this has probly been in my system for a long time. First off, Im told the HIV test is HIGHLY reliable, (I hope thats true) the others may be too soon. But Im concerned about Herp, and HEP, but have been told that the activity was not HIGHLY risky for those two. My concern is my stomach has been consistently feeling dull pain. My eyes are not yellow but I am going crazy with anxiety having to wait to see if I should test again. Please help!
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 17 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

The risk of any viral transmission(HIV,hepatitis, herpes or any other) into systemic blood flow through eye( conjuctive) by sperm is negligible. And there are no reported cases of such transmission in scientific literature. The same is for bacterias and other STDs.
But there is some risk of lcoalized eye infection, conjuctivitis. Especially herpes or clamydia infection. But, if you dont experience any eye symptoms after 11 days it is not likely that it will occur later.
So you dont have to be worried about transmission. Although, this is definitely too soon to take tests for hepatitis virus, so just repeat this in 6-8 weeks. But not just because of this incident, but just to be sure that you didnt have contact with this virus in past.
Wish you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards

Follow-up: Ejaculated on face. Test results showed positive for ORal herpies. Having dull stomach pain and eyes are yellow. Help? 7 minutes later
I heard 3 weeks was the time frame for testing for Herpes or Hep? (not 100% but really accurate) Do my symptoms (Dull stomach pain, loss of appetite) seem to match hepatitis? I took a blood test today but it was an overall panel of liver, kidney etc. tests. Would those indicate I had hepatitis if the liver comes back abnormal?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 18 minutes later
It is accurate about 95%, and in some cases antiboides may not develop enough in 3 weeks to be detectable.It also depends on test you are doing.

Your symptoms are non-specific and may suggest various disorders but also can be caused by anxiety or stress. It can be felt in acute viral hepatitis of course but this is the last thing to think of. Most common causes of stomach pain and loss of apetite are gastritis, gallbladder stones, IBD or gastrocolitis.
If there is active acute viral hepatitis it would cause elevation of liver enzymes(AST,GGT,ALT). But this is not good test for detecting viral hepatitis infection because active hepatitis may develop from 2 to even 24 week after exposure. Hep B usually dont even cause acute hepatitis in most cases and liver damage usually occur many years after exposure.
Follow-up: Ejaculated on face. Test results showed positive for ORal herpies. Having dull stomach pain and eyes are yellow. Help? 4 minutes later
Last question. Can I trust the HIV RNA test done on day 11? Considering the cirsumstances? I heard it was 97% accurate.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 11 minutes later

It is bit less accurate than 97% considering newest scientific data. it is about 92% when done 10-12 days. But, if you do it now(after 15 days) it will be almost 100% accurate.
As I said, I dont think it is necessary to repeat tests because there is only theoretical risk of transmission.In practice, this is actually impossible. And of course,there is also negative previous test so I wouldnt spend money on repeated testing.
Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: Ejaculated on face. Test results showed positive for ORal herpies. Having dull stomach pain and eyes are yellow. Help? 48 hours later
I got all my labs back and it shows everything is in the 'normal' range. ggt is 28. ldh 179. and a bunch of other things came back normal. Only thing thats a little high is my cholesterol. It seems the pain is clearly not coming from a hepatitis problem, but is it pretty safe to assume, that given the nature of the activitiy (3 weeks ago).....and the normal liver tests 2.5 weeks later...that Hep is not a factor? Wouldnt it cause elevated levels by now? I just want the worry and stress to be gone. I know I never had it before because like I mentioned I tested for EVERYTHING 11 days after it happened (All negative), so I'm only concerned about this one incident.
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 13 hours later
Yes, at least alt(sgpt) should be elevated if there is viral hepatitis. you would have pain under right rib arch, fever and lymphadenopathy.also there would be high wbc count and crp. Your pain is probably caused by gastritis or gallbladder stones and this is always aggravated by emotional stress. cholesterol has nothing with any infection so this shouldn't concern you.
I assure you that there is no practical risk of hiv and hep transmissions except you had open wound around your eye. Just don't worry watch out for diet and you will feel better soon. Regards