Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Have an enlarging aorta. Can I have sex or masturbate? Bad idea for heart?

Sexologist
Question
I am a 33 year old male with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Classic/Hypermobility type (non vascular) However i do have an enlarging aorta. In feb 2010 it was 3.0 and now is 3.5. My question is, is it safe for me to have sex and or masturbate, or is that a bad idea with my heart condition?
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 25 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for the query

If your cardiac physician allow you to climb up stairs, you can have a healthy sexual life. Masturbation is not contraindicated.

regards

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY
Consultant in Reproductive & Sexual Medicine

Follow-up: Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Have an enlarging aorta. Can I have sex or masturbate? Bad idea for heart? 16 hours later
As I mentioned before I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Classic/Hypermobility type (non vascular). I am a 33 year old male, 5'7 118lbs. In Feb 2011 my aorta was 3.0. In Feb of 2012 it was 3.5. If you were my dr would you find that size difference alarming in just 12 months time? What can I do to make sure I am not going to get a dissection.

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 31 hours later
Hi there,

Since your follow up query is regarding aortal size difference, it is better answered by a Cardiologist / General Physican

regards

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY