Effect of interaction of beta-sitosterol and tamsulosin?

inter4action beta-sitosterol and tamsulosin XXXXXXX 0.4mg takeing flomax for years and as seen on beta sitosterol will do better job problem isi cant stop flomax and wait for b-s to take effect
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Om Chandrakar 2 hours later

The drug beta-sitosterol reduces the cholesterol levels which indirectly reduces the testosterone level, that is main factor behind its action, which reduces further growth of the prostate gland. As the process is slow, it will take time to the drug sito-sterol in action.

The other drug which you are talking about, tamsulosin directly act on the neck of bladder and causes relaxation in smooth muscle and therefore less resistance to urinary flow.

According to me I don't think these two drugs will interact as their mechanism of action is from different directions, but I would advise you to consult the primary doctor, who has consulted these drugs to you for better outcome.

Hope this information helped you. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr Hari Om Chandrakar