Ectopic pregnancy, loette, bleeding continues. Treatment ?

Hi! I,m suffered since one month tvs ectopic pregnancy, and I treatment the same under Dr. Inbavell (CMC-Vellore). Just one week ago she advised medicine [tab Loette 1 od x 84 days].
But till date bleeding is continuing from 22nd May'11.

Note : β hcg : 386 (14/06/11), 256 (16/06/11), 141.5 (23/06/11) & 56.1 (30/06/11) / Hospital ID : 0000D (CMC) / XXXXXXX Show / 26 F
1) USG report seen cyst, it's possible to clear the cyst with medicines?

2) What should i do? If lower abdomen pain again occur. [present status no pain].

3) Medicines used from 01st July ‘11 [Tab Loette 1 od], but till date bleeding is continuing, when it will stop and How?
Pls advice, what should i do?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Your beta hCG levels are decreasing , that means the ectopic pregnancy is no longer there .

Tablet Loette has been given to you so that the bleeding stops and uterus gets some time for healing to avoid recurrence of ectopic pregnancy.

You need to continue taking Loette daily and gradually the bleeding will stop.

If the ovarian cysts are functional in nature then it can clear with Loette only. You need to have a repeat ultrasound for monitoring the progress.

Lower abdomen pain is not likely to recur as the pregnancy is not there now. If it recurs then it needs to be evaluated again for any other cause.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Ectopic pregnancy, loette, bleeding continues. Treatment ? 1 hour later
Thank you so much Dr. Tayal.

I appreciate your quick reply with the needed information, but one more queries in my mind, Pls help out,

How long I use the medicines? (as a recommendation of Dr. Inbavell “1 tab OD x 84 days continue then stop just one week and recommend USG if the cysts not clear then again continue the tab next 84 days.”

If the cysts are not clear in medicines, then what I will do? Surgery is mandatory?

Menstrual periods would be normally, In-between uses medicines?

In this circumstance, should I get sex?

Thank you again..
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

When you will take the tablet continuously, there will not be any menses for 84 days. You can have sex while having the tablet.

After 84 days if the cysts do not clear then I think you should think of planning for a baby rather than worrying about the cyst.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you an early recovery.