Ectopic pregnancies, bleeding, DNC, on xanax

General Surgeon
I am 35 and have 5 kids ranging from 16 to 6. I had 2 ectopic pregnancies in the last 3 years. i bled for 2 months then my dr did a dnc on me. i didnt have a period for 6 months then the end of XXXXXXX i got it for a week. I thought i was starting to be normal again then the last 2 days im having light bleeding thats orange colored. I was on 4 mg of xanax for the last 6 months and im down to one.husband and i want another baby. hope its possible
any advice?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 59 minutes later

You have under gone removal of gall bladder i.e. cholecystectomy and one surgery( laparotomy or laparoscopy you have not mentioned.) for ectopic pregnancy.

Removal of gall bladder has nothing to do with pregnancy.

You have five kids in the age group of 6-16 ,are all normal vaginal delivery or any one operative delivery (LSCS).

As you & your husband both desire to have another kid.

If you have all the previous normal vaginal deliveries ,you can go for another one ,keeping in mind the little increased chances of ectopic pregnancy.

Post D&C delayed or irregular periods , adhesion and even infection are known medical entity.

Your menstrual problem appear to be due to infection,it can occur in post D&C cases.

Medicines xanax you are taking is not a problem.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Follow-up: Ectopic pregnancies, bleeding, DNC, on xanax 7 hours later
I did have my gallblader removed 9 years ago. I recently saw an OB GYN and he did a very thorough exam and even an ultrasound and summed up my absence of period due to Xanax. I have had one ectopic pregnancy removed surgically. It was a cesarian type of cut. I really haven't had a normal period since that almost 3 years ago
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 4 hours later

Nice to hear from you again.

Gall bladder removed 9 years back is not going affect your pregnancy.

Surgical treatment of ectopic involves opening of abdomen (laparatomy ) and removal of affected fallopian tube on the side of ectopic.

Surgical removal of one fallopian tube may decrease the chances of pregnancy to some extent, but outcome of pregnancy is not effected to great extent.

You may need to avoid xenax as it can cause menstrual problems.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you speedy and complete recovery.

Thanks and regards.