Eco test should mild basal hypokinesia with mild MR with LVEF of 60 %. Should I go for surgery?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I am XXXXXXX 80 yr old i have known case of IWMI in 1972 was admitted for a typical chest pain on 18th 2 d echo revelaed mild basal hypokinesia with mild MR with LVEF of 60 %. CAG done on 22 nov revealed TVD: LMCA- plaquing +, LAD - type 3 60% proximal lesion, mid 70-80% lesion , LCX mid 90-99% occulsion ; RCA - dominant, CTO with retrograde filing from LCX. Could you please advise me what kind of medicine or surgery or what exactly should i go for
Posted Fri, 14 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 1 hour later

Thanks for the detailed description.

May be except for not being put on Beta-blocker (May due to wheeze or something), your medicines look fine. As far as re-vascularization is concerned, it depends on your overall health and activity level. If you are in good health other than cardiac problem and active life style, then best therapy would be that you should undergo coronary artery bypass surgery with a good surgeon and a good institute, as at your age risk of complication is higher.
If the activity level is low, or there are other co morbidity, then you can be only on medicines and consider partial re-vascularization with angioplasty, if symptomatic.

Hope I have been able to answer your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you.

Follow-up: Eco test should mild basal hypokinesia with mild MR with LVEF of 60 %. Should I go for surgery? 17 minutes later
what exactly is is partial re-vascularization with angioplasty,
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 42 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

You have three vessel blockages. If all the three opened, we call it complete revascularization. That means all blocks are removed or treated.
If we have to do angioplasty looking at angiographic, description it may not be possible to open right coronary artery. Opening only LAD and LCx is called partial revascularization.