Echo stress test done, technician said a parameter was high. Worried.

i had an echo stress done today would they let me leave the office if they found something serious i heard one of the tech point at one of the leads on the screen and say this is high then the cardiologist came in and said you will gets the results from your family doctor in a couple days
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 23 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query

Let me reassure you that there is no need to worry at this time.

Any significant abnormality which would be XXXXXXX would have been picked up by the cardiologist and they would have kept you at the testing facility for further tests.

The tech may have been referring to signal intensity and technical measurements on the echo machine and it may have hd nothing to do with your heart function per se.

Let me reassure you that a full report is forthcoming and your doctor will discuss all of the results in great detail including your heart function as well as the appearance of the 4 heart valves inside the heart

I realize your concern in what you heard but try not to worry about this for the time being. I am inclined to think there was nothing too serious honestly or they would have spoken to you directly about it.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found this response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr Galamaga