Echo report's showed grade ii diastolic dysfunction. Should I be concerned?

Geriatrics Specialist
Question
one of my female relatives echo report's impression is as under.
NORMAL LV & RV SYSTOLIC FUNCTION
GRADE II DIASTOLIC DYSFUNCTION
TRICUSPID REGURGITATION - MILD TO MODERATE
MITRAL REGURGITATION - TRIVIAL
PULMONARY REGURGITATION - MILD
PULMONARY HYPERTENSION - MILD

YOUR ADVICE AND IS THERE ANYTHING TO BE ALARMED ABOUT IMMEDIATELY ? YOUR ADVICE WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
THANK YOU
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 24 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing to us,
Diastolic dysfunction are of three types, grade 1,2, 3. Grade 2 diastolic dysfunction is considered moderate dysfunction, usually due to the defect in receiving the blood by the heart.
It is most commonly due to the thickening of the heart walls , which are not able to receive normal quantity of blood.
It usually revert on treating the underlying conditions like, hypertension(increased blood pressure).
If the underlying condition is treated it can resolve automatically.
Mitral ,tricuspid and pulmonary regurgitation represents the reentry of blood into the valves even when the valves are closed ,that shows the valves are flabby. But don’t worry they are only mind.
Treat the pulmonary hypertension , everything will revert back, repeat check ECHO as ordered by your physician.
Look out for the ejection fraction and cardiac output.
Let me know if you have further questions,
Thank you.