Eating very late, have impact on weight. How to deal with this?

I work in a BPO and i end up eatting dinner very late. THis in turn impacts my weight. How od i deal with this?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

You can prevent weight gain by looking at what you eat at these times.

Carbohydrates, when eaten, cause the body to release insulin.Insulin not only causes the blood sugar to go down (everyones blood sugar rises a little with carbohydrates) ,it also prevents fat from breaking down.
This is one of the other actions of insulin- preventing the breakdown of fat. This is the reason some people who want to lose weight go on low carbohydrate diets, the less carbohydrates they eat, the less insulin their body makes and therefore more fat is broken down.

If you make your evening meal a low carbohydrate meal then it would decrease the chances of weight gain.
This means it can contain (1)any amount of protein that you want (meat , cheese, milk, fish, beans, lentils, legumes, tofu, eggs, kidney beans, black beans, chick peas) ,
(2) vegetables or salad
(3) No rice, pasta, pastry, bread, biscuits, cereal, flour products,potatoes, juices or soda

Doing this should prevent weight gain. If you are trying to lose weight then you can continue this through out the day. It would be important to use at least 8 glasses of water daily.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions