Eating causes lightheadedness, back pain and stomach flutters. Normal BP and blood sugar. Took flu shot.

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have had light headedness for about a week. It seems to follow right as I eat something. I have had my blood pressure checked and also my blood sugar levels are normal. It also seems to bring on a little pain in the middle of my back and upper stomach flutters. I had the flu shot a week and a half ago for the first time and it started a day after that? any ideas
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 16 hours later

From the description of the symptoms it appears to be related to the neuroendocrine aspect of the gastrointestinal tract. But the information provided is quite inadequate to arrive at a diagnosis.

There are certain issues which need to be addressed namely,
1. Relation to specific types of food products.
2. Sensation of vomiting.
3 Any alcohol consumption . If yes its volume and relationship to pain.
4. Any operations in the past .
5. Any addictions,
6. Bowel (any bleeding or black coloured stools)
7.Burning sensation behind the chest bone or sternum
8. Regarding the pain , whether it moves from back to front or stays where it starts.
9. Your age and sex.

Further workup would comprise of hematological and radiological investigations depending upon the answers to the above questions.

Awaiting your response.