Eaten very small dose of odomos and started vomiting. What should I do?

hi i want to know what i should do as i have just eaten a very small dose of odomos,which is a mosquito repelent.I ate food with my fingers without washing them and have vomitted after that for a while.please help me:)thanks.i drank salt water to force vomit out.
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chitra Reddy 16 hours later

Odomos used as a mosquito repellent has a chemical called N,N-Diethyl-meta-toluamide..... If taken orally it can cause breathing difficulties, stomach pain, vomiting, seizure, etc.

As you mentioned you had taken food with odomos applied hands, the quantity of consumption is negligible. So relax and do not worry.

If you continue to vomit, you can consult a doctor nearby to examine and keep you under observation. But my feeling is that you will be Ok.

Avoid further contact with the cream and make sure you wash your hands next time.

For now drink good amount of water or take a glass of milk

Hope this answers your query. Feel free to contact me for further queries.