Early pregnancy, no periods. Any pill or non surgical way to abort pregnancy?

Nephrologist
Question
Is there any non surgical way for aborting early pregnancy?
Last period was on Nov 9th.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 minutes later
Hello.

Yes, there are non surgical methods to terminate pregnancy and they are called medical methods of termination of pregnancy.

However please note the following points.

1. Termination of pregnancy medically or other wise should be done under the supervision of an obstetrician.
2. Medical termination is safe but one has to keep in mind that the most common complication is retention is parts of pregnancy, so a post check scan of pelvis should be done. Sometimes, it should be followed by surgical method, if abortion is incomplete.
3. Termination of pregnancy medically is done with the help of certain hormones. One need not always get admitted, the pills can be taken at home and the doctor can be seen on follow up.

I would suggest you to consult a Gynecologist in your locality so, that you can have a close follow up after initiating a medical abortion.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Early pregnancy, no periods. Any pill or non surgical way to abort pregnancy? 41 minutes later
Thanks for the reply. I met the gynacogist an hour ago, she told I need to get admitted to hospital after bleedng started on taking some tablet. Since my period is delayed by hadly a week. I was not comforatable in admitting in hospital. In my native place gynacogist suggests a pill to abort even after 2 months. Can you suggest a pill for me?

current period stays 5-7 days in a 29 days cycle. Please advice.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 22 minutes later
Hello.

Thanks for writing back.

I am glad you have met the gynecologist.

It is very XXXXXXX to take pills without supervision, as the complications are severe which includes sepsis and sometimes even death.

Why don't take a second opinion from another Gynecologist?

I would suggest you to follow your Gynecologist's advise. It would be unethical to prescribe you abortion pills without examining you. Further, I do not have the access for follow up in case there is a complication.

I am hoping I was of help. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.

Wish you good health.

Regards.