Early pregnancy in ultrasound but blood tests negative. Is this pregnancy?

Question
I've taken trying to test and it all came out negative and then when I went to my doctor and they did an ultrasound and it's a very early signs of pregnacy and then they did a blood test and it came out negative I am that and I still have a sty in my menstration in 2 weeks does it mean I'm I'm pregnant even though all the test came out negativeI've taken pregnancy test and it all came out negative and then I went to my doctor and they did an ultrasound and said it was very early signs of pregnacy and then they did a blood test and it came out negative why is that and I still haven't started my menstration in 2 weeks does iso mean I am pregnant even though all the test came out negative
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 5 hours later
Hello

Thanks for writing to us

In very early pregnancy the tests can be false positive or negative

It is better to repeat the test in urine as you are 2 weeks overdue and ultrasound should be repeated to see any gestational sac inside

Till then take folic acid supplements

Do not take stress

Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome

Follow-up: Early pregnancy in ultrasound but blood tests negative. Is this pregnancy? 5 days later
I haven't started my menstration since april 14th and I took 2 blood test already and they both came back negative but the doctor did an ultrasound on me 2 weeks ago and said I look like very early signs of pregnacy but why does my blood test come out negative still should i ask if that can do another ultrasound

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 10 hours later
Hello
Welcome once again

It is less likely that you are pregnant as two blood tests means beta hCG levels are negative
These levels go on increasing in pregnancy

Today is 5th XXXXXXX so you are overdue by almost 20 days and in that period gestational sac is visible on ultrasound

Urine test should come positive by now so please get it done

There is no harm in repeating the ultrasound so as to reach a diagnosis and cause of delayed periods. Treatment is planned accordingly
Best wishes

Follow-up: Early pregnancy in ultrasound but blood tests negative. Is this pregnancy? 1 hour later
is their anything i can do or take to get pregnant me and my husband XXXXXXX trying for 2 and a half years now

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 11 minutes later
Hello

Yes you have to undergo certain investigations like semen analysis , hysterosalpingography , FSH , LH levels , Thyroid Profile and ovulation studies

There are so many factors which play role in getting pregnant so we have to look into these and come to a conclusion and treat the cause

Polycystic ovaries and hypothyroidism cause delayed periods

Till then do not take any stress , take folic acid supplements

Best wishes

Follow-up: Early pregnancy in ultrasound but blood tests negative. Is this pregnancy? 12 days later
i still haven't started my menstration and my doctor keep telling my my test come out negative but I'm still feeling very nauseated in the morning and not feeling good at all what should I do

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 39 minutes later
Hello

Welcome back

You can take tablet norethisterone under your doctor's guidance and prescription , this is a type of progesterone given for withdrawal bleeding if there is no pregnancy

Before taking it be sure that you are not pregnant , only having delayed periods

Get all the investigations done mentioned above