Early periods, no premenstrual symptoms, excessive hunger, pregnancy symptoms ?

My wife got her menstrual cycle 5 days earlier. This time she hasnt got any menstrual pain at all and she ís feeling more hungry than usual now a days. Are these symptoms of pregnancy?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 44 minutes later

First of all for any chance of pregnancy , missing a period is an important sign.Without a missed period ,chances of pregnancy is unlikely.

In females, hormonal changes happen every month.In the absence of pregnancy, due to lack of certain hormones which are produced only in pregnant females,at the end of month the tissue of uterus is shed causing menstrual bleeding.If pregnancy occurs then hormones prevent tissue loss and hence periods are missed.

Your wife as you said had menstrual bleeding so there is no chance of pregnancy.The menstrual pain may or may not be present during cycles ,its absence does not indicate pregnancy.

Feeling hungry may be due to a physiological reason than a pregnancy, it is not a specific symptom of pregnancy.

Hence there is no possibility that she could be pregnant after getting her regular cycles for 5 days.

I hope I have taken care of query.I am available for follow ups as well.