Early periods, 4 days early, recently married. Causes ?

i got married on 26th of may. usually my periods comes on 5th of every month. but this time it came on 1st of XXXXXXX 4 days early. can you please tell me why it happened with me.
your quick response will be highly appriciated
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 21 minutes later

Early periods is really not a problem. There can be many factors involved like hormonal imbalance,anxiety,emotional upset etc which can explain early periods.
Are you using birth control pills? - If you are using some form of hormonal birth control,then that too can cause some irregular cycles.

If this period is just like a normal period with regular flow then this should be taken as a normal menstrual cycle.
If you were sexually active in the month of May / before marriage and if the flow that you have now, is not like your normal period and you notice clots now, then take a pregnancy test to rule out possible pregnancy.

However if the flow is normal just like your usual periods, then do not worry.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Follow-up: Early periods, 4 days early, recently married. Causes ? 15 hours later
Thanks for the answer.

No i didn't take any pills and even we are planning to have kids. i was not sexually active till my marriage. golden night was first night when i had intercourse.

from last 6-7 months i m having one problem. i got bleeding again for 3-4 days. after cycle.
e.g. my periods starts on 5th and it overs on 12th then on 15 or 16 again i will have bleeding for 3-4 days which is very minimal and color is red.

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 minutes later

Thanks for writing back.

Well,you are having almost 8 days of periods and bleeding again around day 11-12 of your cycle.In your case,I would like to rule out hormonal imbalance as a cause.

You have to get your thyroid checked and also have a pelvic examination.An ultrasound,pap smear should also be done.You need to rule out pathology like polyps,fibroids etc that may be causing the bleeding.

Bright red blood indicates fresh blood so any local injury/ulcers etc need to be ruled out.Now that you are married and sexually active,a pelvic exam needs to be done.

I suggest you get an appointment with a Gynecologist and have the necessary tests done.