Early period, discharge continued, UTI, on macrobid, cranberry pills. Reason?

I had my period on the 18th which was almost 2 weeks early according to my calculations. It was light than normal but not much, and ended around the 22nd or at least I thought it did. When my period ended I continued to have pink spotting and now it seems to be sort of pink/brown and somewhat watery. I have noticed it there after sex but have also noticed it when I haven't had sex so I think it might not really be related to that. I also recently had a UTI when I started my period and took macrobid (spell?) cranberry pills, and uri versi (spell?). I haven't taken any of those things in about 3 days and am not on any birth control. If my boyfriend and I use protection its either condoms or over the counter foam. I am 36 have had 4 children with no problems and am the post child for normal periods.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

A period which is two weeks early and is lighter than usual is not likely to be due to pregnancy. Your symptoms are suggestive of a uterine pathology like fibroids, endometriosis, adenomyosis, polyps etc. need to be rule out. or a hormonal disturbance or a bleeding disorder. The cause needs to be diagnosed with the help of investigations like ultrasound scan, complete blood picture, hormone tests, etc under the guidance of your gynecologist.

Presently to decrease the bleeding you need to have progesterone only pills along with some hemostatic agents in consultation with your gynaecologist.
You can take iron supplements to avoid anemia due to excessive blood loss from the body.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.