Earlier taken Ivermectin for itchy spots. Have scalp sores, raised, painful. No fever. Reason?

Hello, I have strange symptoms that may or may not be related. In Feb. I got itchy spots on my trunk that disappeared on there own but reappeared on my arms. The dermatologist suspected scabies, my wife presented the same symptoms as me but my child did not have, we were given ivermectin, mine came back and I developed painfull spots on my palms and feet but was told this was a side effect of the ivermectin. In time mine went away so did my wifes but we both had a minor outbreak last month that disappeared by itself. Now I have strange sores on my scalp. I had a wound on my foot and my child was in the hospital, the wound took a long time to heal, finally with the help of neomicen but I got a painless blister on my toe and these red bumps on my scalp that are raised and painful, for the last 2 days I have a swolen feeling in my neck and behind my ear . I feel off, tired but have no fever.. ??
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 31 minutes later
Thanks for the query
You might have suffered from scabies, so did your wife.
The treatment was correct but scabies has chances to re occur and also to involve other sites.

I would like to know the following additional things.

1. Did the child not develop any type of rash, even mild itch.
2. scalp lesions appeared as red itchy pimples initially or they were directly pus filled.

Please answer the above.

Waiting for your response.

Thank you
Follow-up: Earlier taken Ivermectin for itchy spots. Have scalp sores, raised, painful. No fever. Reason? 25 hours later
Hello Doctor,

My child did not have and rash or mild itch, the sores on my head started as bumps and later became fluid filled leaving a yellowish crust. The first one started on the back of my scalp, even though it has started to heal it is painful if exposed to sun or heat. The last time the red rashes on my body came they disappeared with no treatment other then general hygiene the same was true for my wife. I now have a pain in the region from my left ear to my upper neck. hope this helps..

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

In my view you are suffering from recurrent folliculitis.
It is a bacterial infection.

Treatment can be with antibiotics.

The most important thing is to get a culture and sensitivity test done.
It will be possible to find out the causative agent with test and hence an appropriate medication can be given.

Please get the test done and let me know the results.

Thank you