Ear still wet after taking Amoxicillin and Ciprodex. Infection caused by wearing earplugs and sneezing

been on amoxacilian and ciprodex for 9 days and still fill as if my ear is wet. Doctor says no longer looks infected. still doesnt feel right. this was all caused by having earplugs in and sneezing while wearing them
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcareagic,
If after assessment your Doctor confirmed that your additive canal are clear and there no significant signs of infection then , this is good sign and you have improvement. If you are experience headache, pain, discomfort, then you may try ibuprofen or acetaminophen , if you will feel nasal , sinus congestion ( most probably due to Eustachian tube ) then you may try nasal decongestants drops phenylephrine or oral tablets chlorpheniramine. I want to let you know about one detail, that in some cases there appear effusion ( fluid in the middle ear) and symptoms can persist up to 3 months, but I hope is not in your case. However , you have to continue prescribed medication up to 14 days and if symptoms will persist , then you need to go back to ENT specialist for reassessment and possible additional test ( Computer tomography, or MRI ) that definitely will help and clarify your condition. Most important that your condition are reversible and can be treated successfully.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,