Ear pressure, liquid discharge from ear, itchy. Eyes covered in dry pus, abscess in throat, swollen, headache

I have ear pressure and a bit of liquid is coming out of them. they are a bit itchy. When I woke this morning my eyes are covered in dry puss. I had an abscess on the back of my throat for the past year that is swollen up again also. I have also had a headache, and behind my ear and the pain goes right under my ear down my neck approx 2 to 3"
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 58 minutes later

Thanks for the question.

Internally ear and throat are connected with each other.And it's common for throat infections to spread to inner ear.I guess this has happened in your case.Generally cause of infection is bacteria.

For this a course of broad spectrum antibiotic is needed.For itching you can start anti-histaminics.For pain you can take painkillers.Pain along the ear and neck can be due to inflammation or enlarged lymph node seen commonly with such infections.

A visit to ENT doctor is strongly recommended.

Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.