Ear pierced. Tissue coming out. Should I remove the ring?

I have got my ear pierced about 6 or 7 weeks ago and now my meat is coming out of the back of my ear but not from the hole should i take out the ear ring or what? And should i go to the doctors to get the meat checked out?
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I think you should avoid the ring till the problem subsides.
If the exuberant tissue is coming out from a different site then the prick site then it needs to be evaluated by a clinician.
If the edge of hole is showing excess reddish tissue then you should remove the rings and put a silk thread to make a ring, ensure that it remains dry all the time, mop it dry as soon as possible after bath and wait till the area heals and the tissue dries up.
I hope the advise will be helpful.