Ear is clogged with wax and can't hear out of it. What can I do?

ENT Specialist
Question
My ear is clogged with wax and I can't hear out of it. What can I do?
Posted Sat, 13 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Ideally, you should get your ear examined with an otoscope to confirm the ear wax build-up.

2. Meanwhile, you may start an OTC wax softning and dissolving ear drop.

3. Use 5 drops 5 times a day and lie down with that ear up for at least 5 minutes.

4. Keep the ear dry. If this does not improve your hearing or worsens you may need an ear examination and oral medication.

5. It is better to let an ENT doctor clean the ear wax rather than trying to remove it yourself.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.