Ear get blocked. Diagnosed an otitis. Took antibiotic. Feeling anxious and dizzy. What to do?

I am a 46-year-old man. On April 19, my right ear became blocked. On May 6, I went to the doctor's and he diagnosed an otitis. I took antibiotics, and the inflammation went away. But three months later, my right ear is still blocked. Not as bad as three months ago, but it still feels muffled. Sometimes, it makes me anxious or a bit dizzy. Will the fluid drain by itself at some point or is there anything I can do?
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 46 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

I will like to know that whether your ear infection was diagnosed as otitis of external ear or otitis media? And if was otitis of external ear, whether it was a bacterial or fungal infection?

It seems, that your external ear is partially blocked, it is not clean and requires cleaning.

Please consult an ENT Specialist, get your ear examined, and if it is blocked, get it cleaned by ENT specialist.

If infection is present, take treatment accordingly.

Meanwhile you can use Mycobiotic ear drops locally.

With good wishes,
Follow-up: Ear get blocked. Diagnosed an otitis. Took antibiotic. Feeling anxious and dizzy. What to do? 17 minutes later
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I don't know what kind of infection it was. But what would the Mycobiotic ear drops do for me?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 7 hours later

Welcome again,

Mycobitic is an anti-bacterial, anti-fungal ear drops.

It may help you to treat bacterial and fungal infection locally.

Thus if appointment with ENT Specialist is taking time, you can use it meanwhile.

IF you need further clarification, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,