Ear buzzes when exposed to moderate sounds and when speak up. How to treat this?

My right ear buzzes when exposed to moderate sounds and higher. Even my own voice can make it buzz if I speak up. This is on top of the tinnitus I have from playing in rock bands (I no longer do). Is this treatable? And if not, should I avoid loud sounds indefinitely? Thanks. XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatble, see ENT specialist. Drum middle ear prob

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might be very important to get the ear examined. An inflamed ear drum could behave as such. It would be however important to know for how long you have been experiencing such symptoms. New onset manifestations as such shall certainly require an urgent attention, preferably by your ENT specialist.

Tinnitus requires special attention. This generally evolves or originates from a problem with the middle ear. Specific tests at the level of the ear, coupled with the physical examination could determine the exact cause of the problem. This could be at the level of the canal itself (excess wax), ear drum (infection/inflammation), bone, inner or middle ear. The treatment shall be dependent on the cause, and the earlier, the more precise, the better. I do believe if you get a careful examination from an experienced ENT specialist, this could be very much treatable. Avoiding noise is a good idea for now, but booking an appointment with the Specialist is to me, compelling.

Thanks so much and hope this helps. Feel free asking follow up questions. I shall be very glad making contributions to better your health. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD
Follow-up: Ear buzzes when exposed to moderate sounds and when speak up. How to treat this? 41 hours later
Thank you for the encouragement. Most research I have done on the web paints a dismal picture. I will schedule with an ENT on Monday.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks so much

Detailed Answer:

I would be very grateful to know the results from the evaluation given by your ENT specialist. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD