Ear ache and lower jaw pain. Tired and weak, with shoulder and neck pain. What do symptoms indicate?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
For the last 2 weeks I have had a dull ear ache, and severe to mild pain in my right lower jaw, there are times that I am unable to close my mouth to where my teeth XXXXXXX because of the pain I also have been feeling VERY tired and have little to no energy. Accompanied by extremely achy shoulders and neck and also feeling
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
Your symptoms are suggestive of temporomandibular joint inflammation.
Associated generalized body ache is usually due to a recent viral infection.
Do not worry as this is not a serious problem and can be easily treated with medicines.
Right now you can start taking Tablet Tylenol ( Acetaminophen) Double Strength after breakfast and after dinner. It is suggested to add calcium supplements 500mg each twice daily. This will take care of your mild symptoms in 3-5 days.
Doing hot fomentation under your ears will also be helpful.
Taking Vitamin C supplements and XXXXXXX tea will help in fighting the mild viral syndrome.
If your symptoms do not improve after minor changes suggested then you need to consult an orthopedician for evaluation and stronger prescription medicines.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.