ESR score of 2, low grade glioma, color dye MRI, lung cancer. Brain tumor cancerous ?

I have just had an ESR score of 2. But an MRI scan showed a low grade glioma which the ENT Dr told me was benign. But I've been recalled for another MRI, this time with colour XXXXXXX to check veins in the brain. Is there a chance this timoru might still be cancerous, or does the low ESR score support the interpretation that it is benign. I worry I have lung cancer and that the tumour is evidence of spread...?

Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 31 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I completely understand your concern and anxiety regarding what is going on. I think the ESR does not give us all the answers in your case. I am happy to see that you will be going for the detailed MRI study. Depending on where this glioma is located - it may be amenable to a biopsy. A biopsy would give us the ultimate evidence to analyze and decide what to do for continued followup.

Let me reassure you that you do not have lung cancer based on the history you have provided. What will be helpful here is if the MRI documents no change in the glioma then it would be more convincing to conclude that it is a very benign thing.

In the meantime try to remain calm and think positively as otherwise it looks lime you are extremely healthy. Again I thank you fr your query. I hope you have found my answer to be both helpful and informative. Should you have additional questions I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga