ESR is high. Suggest the treatment to reduce it?

Mar 2013
If ESR is high is that a problem . How can it be brought down
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
Thanks for your health concern.
ESR is known as erythrocyte sedimentation rate, this is not a diagnosis or problem.
It is a test result.
It is non specific, and does not mean anything by itself.
It is raised in certain parasitic diseases, and in any inflammations or infections within the body.
If you have no signs or symptoms and no disease situation, then please ignore the ESR as it is raised non specifically.
When a disease is suspected, the ESR helps to form a diagnosis, but by itself it means nothing
You need no measures to reduce it, as long as you are symptom free and the high reading is the isolated lab test concerned.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: ESR is high. Suggest the treatment to reduce it? 11 minutes later
I had fever about a week ago and got admitted in Apollo hospital . I still have bodyache after finishing my medicines. Is that something to do with Esr
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Yes, as I said, ESR can be elevated if there is inflammation or infection anywhere in the body.
So the ESR was definitely elevated due to fever.
If you are now discharged and alright, the ESR will automatically come down.
You dont need to have any specific treatment, it is just a lab reading, not a disease.