EKG shows anterior fascicular block and possible anterior infarct. Should I be concerned?

just had to ekgs. one on 6/12 and one on 7/22. first one showed left anterior fascicular block, axis to left, abnormal ekg. the second showed possible anterior infarct, axis to right. is this serious and should I be concerned?
I had neck surgery on 6/18 to have c4-c6 vertebrae removed and titanium rods and screws inserted. could the anterior infarct have been a possible blood clot from the surgery? Should I be worried about this or is this type of thing no big deal?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Respected Ma'm
1. What led you to get an EKG done? I mean What were your symptoms between the two tests? Do you have diabetes/ high blood pressure/ history of smoking? Was there any episode of chest pain/ shortness of breath/ severe vertigo between the two EKGs?
2. Please upload both of your EKGs by the facility available on right upper corner of this page.
3. If you have any other medical problem, please let me know.
I'll discuss in detail once I get your ECGs.
Sukhvinder Singh
Follow-up: EKG shows anterior fascicular block and possible anterior infarct. Should I be concerned? 21 minutes later
the first ekg was done pre-surgical. came back abnormal, with left anterior fascicular block, axis to the left. the second one was done post-surgical, also came back abnormal, but this one said possible anterior infarct. axis to the right.

I have no history of heart disease, not diabetic, not high blood pressure, i don't smoke. All the pain I had between the ekgs, I associated with the post surgical recovery pain. nothing I could pin point that did not tie in with post surgical stuff. I cannot get copies of the actual ecgs...all i have is the final page with these diagnosis on it.
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 11 minutes later
Respected Ma'm
It is virtually impossible to make a conclusion without actually looking at ECGs as the computer only generates the report as per pre-feeded algorithms. It does not have a brain of its own. It is common for left anterior hemiblock/ fascicular block to have poor progression of R wave in anterior leads which may be interpreted as anterior infarct by computer. But this is only a speculation, definite comments can not be made without looking at EKG. Moreover, Why they discharge you if you really had a new infarction?
Anyway, best way out is to discuss it out with the physician who has seen your ECGs.
Etiology or cause of infarct should be discussed only if it is established that you had one.
Sukhvinder Singh