EKG showing sinus rhythm, abnormal axis deviation with pulmonary disease. How advanced is this disease?

Cardiologist
Question
I just had an EKG with the following results: vent rate 69/PR int: 167/ QRS dur: 112/Qt/QTc: 428/447 / PRT axes 47 -43 52/ sinus rhythm, abnormal left axis deviation consistent with pulmonary disease, non specific intraventricular conduction delay, abnormal ECG.

My question is, in a very general sense, how advanced is the pulmonary disease on a scale of 1-10?

I have no symptoms, am a 57 yr old female, am not overweight and have no other health issues of note
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.

I am a cardiologist. In absence of any symptoms your EKG is being interpreted as that of Pulmonary disease leads me to believe that it is 'compterised interpretation' and NOT that of a qualified doctor; Or there is some other finding like right atrial enlargement on EKG which you have not copied.

"EKG is never ever read in isolation. Its findings are correlated with clinical diagnosis XXXXXXX

If you are symptomatic then among the findings you gave, abnormal findings are:
1. Left axis deviation which could also be a type of electrical impulse defect - also called left anterior hemiblock.
2. Interventricular conduction defect
3. Borderline 'QTC' or 'no long Q-T syndrome'.

You can upload EKG through upload feature available on this page so that I can have a careful look at it and suggest my findings.

So far I can safely say you are not likely to have pulmonary disease. I will suggest you seek an appointment with a cardiologist who can advice if needed another investigation like echocardiogram and / or Holter before coming to a definitive conclusion.

Hope this helps. I will be happy to answer any follow up question.

Best Wishes.

Dr Anil Grover