EKG showed normal sinur rhythm with left atrial abnormality and non-specific s-t changes. Means?

Cardiologist, Interventional
My ekg reading was "normal sinur rhythm with left atrial abnormality and non-specific s-t changes. What does this mean?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 7 hours later

As I believe that more information can help a physician arrive at a more accurate diagnosis, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a. Why was the electrocardiogram (ECG) done? Was it a part of the routine investigations or did you have any symptoms?
b. Was the report generated by a physician or a computer?
By and large, these findings on an ECG are suggestive of hypertension (increased blood pressure) which has been present for some time. As a result of the increased blood pressure, there is a thickening of the left ventricle which is responsible for non specific ST-T changes and there is an enlargement of the left atrium which is a common consequence of hypertension.
If it's a routine ECG, I believe treatment for hypertension will need to be started after a clinical evaluation has been done.

Awaiting your reply