EKG showed left atrial abnormality, leftward axis, low limb lead voltage. What does this mean?

my EKG said :
Left Atrial Abnormality
Leftward axis
low Limb Lead Voltage
QRS (T) Contour Abnormality Consider Inferior Myocardial Damage
Prolonged QT

What does this mean?
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Left atrial abnormality means the p wave contour is not normal, it may be bifid or biphasic giving an idea about abnormal size of the atria.
Leftward axis means the muscle mass of left ventricle is more than usual due to hypertrophy or right/inferior ventricular muscle mass has decreased due to infaction or both.
Limb voltage can be low without much reason.
QRS contour abnormality is favouring myocardial infaction that are changes in ST-T segments.
Prolonged QT is a change in ECG that is indicative of that you are susceptible to developping life threatening ventricular arrythmias.
In short you must consult a cardiologist as soon as possible in view of many alarming findings in this ECG which can not be explained by your mitral valve prolapse alone.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.