EKG showed abnormality, no smoking. No family history of heart problems. Should I be concerned?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I just did an EKG for my Aviation job. I was told there was an abnormality and that I wasn't to do a stress EKG as they were worried about the danger (they were nurses, and I am in China). I am 42, in exec lent shape (workout 3-5 times a week) don't smoke and have never had any problems in over 20 years with my EKG's. I was hungry, and had had a couple of coffees 2 hours prior to the exam. I took a photo of the Cardio readout. Are they worried for nothing, or should I be concerned?
I did increase my exercise routine about a month before the check, regularly getting my heart rate up to around 160 bpm (although for short 20 second periods). I did rest without exercise for 4 to 5 days prior to the test. I have no family history whatsoever of any heart problems/disease. I eat very healthy. I am 175cm and 80kgs.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 10 hours later

I did go through your ECG and it has changes which I would describe as IVCD (Interventricular conduction disturbance) of LBBB(Left bundle branch block) type and non specific or secondary ST-T changes. This finding can be normal or may represent an underlaying problem and considering your over all history it could be of no major consequence.

However before writting it off as normal, you need to get evuluated. First of all you need to get echocardiography done and if it does not so any major abnormality, than you need to get one three test done based on availability

1. Stress Echocardiography
2. Stress thallium or
3. CT Coronary angiogram, if report of them comes as normal then you have nothing to worry, if there are any abnormality than we need to take it forward with further evluation and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Please write back to me if you have additional concerns.