EKG showed LBBB. No other cardiac symptoms. Should I request an echocardiogram?

My 80 year old mother had a routine EKG recently and it disclosed a LBBB. She has no other cardiac symptoms and is in excellent health otherwise. Her primary care doctor is not concerned. Should she request an Echo Cardiogram and see a Cardiologist?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
An EKG suggestive of left bundle branch block must be followed by cardiac investigations at her age to detect any cardiac pathology early.
I encourage you to consult a cardiologist for echocardiogram and other relevant investigations required in her case.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.