EKG report showing possible anteroseptal infarct and nonspecific inferior t wave abnormalities. What do you advise?

Cardiologist
Question
Scheduled for gastric sleeve Monday. My pre op EKG was abnormal states possible anteroseptal infarct, nonspecific inferior t wave abnormalities. I'm 5'5 241lbs. No history of heart disease, my cholesterol is normal. Heart rate runs 60-70s and nap trends 110/70 - 120/80 s. What do u think? I do not have a previous EKG to compare.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the answer below... Detailed Answer: Hi, With regards to your preoperative EKG, I'd suggest to get interpreted by a cardiologist. Sometimes, the EKG apparatus will give false results, while cardiologist will give the exact EKG interpretation. If it is possible, I could ask to send me a scanned copy of your EKG, so I can give you an exact answer. With regards to heart rate and blood pressure, they are perfect. It is also great that you do not have history of heart disease and your cholesterol is normal. So, your age and no history show less chances for ischemic heart disease. Looking forward to have your scanned EKG. All the best in your gastric sleeve! Dr.Benard

Follow-up: EKG report showing possible anteroseptal infarct and nonspecific inferior t wave abnormalities. What do you advise? 12 hours later
I don't have the actual EKG, I was given that info over the phone. I just wonder if I have no cardiac disease and have no history of chest pain or other cardiac symptoms would you clear me for surgery without further work up if it were up to you?

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. It is difficult for every doctor, including myself, to say an exact opinion while not having your EKG or its interpretation by a cardiologist. First, if I was your caring doctor would ask you to consult a cardiologist, then, to give the final word on the ongoing intervention. Secondly only if the ECG has something wrong I would suggest a Heart ECHO and a stress test TMT. If the ECG is normal than you don't need further work up. Thank you! Wish you health! Dr.Benard