EKG found slight inferior depolarization disturbance consider ischemia LV overload. Meaning?

Cardiologist
Question
EKG says slight inferior depolarization disturbance consider ischemia LV overload or a specific change. What does this really mean? Also small negative T in avf and in III. I have always had flat or negative T waves in avf and vIII.nut have never seen this wording before. Thank you
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with interest. You have provided EKG information I am reporting on that point by point:

EKG says slight inferior depolarization disturbance consider ischemia LV overload or a specific change.:

Not a specific change for any disease. However an echocardiography and Treadmill test ought to be done to know its potential significance if any. That decision should be taken in view of any other symptoms and signs which your doctor can elicit.

Also small negative T in avf and in III. I have always had flat or negative T waves in avf and vIII.
Flat or negative T wave in LII, L III and aVF have little significance if you are asymptomatic or unless you have had a heart attack (Inferior wall Myocardial Infarction of which is not evident at least on the EKG report) both have little significance, again this is computer generated report a Doctor has to confirm it in view of clinical findings. If you have any more questions I will be happy to answer. Good Luck.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover

Follow-up: EKG found slight inferior depolarization disturbance consider ischemia LV overload. Meaning? 8 minutes later
Within the last year and a half I have had an echocardiogram
A nuclear stress test and a coronary calcium score of "0".
The tests have come back WNL. Should any of these tests be repeated?
I forgot to mention-I am a 42 year old female and have been taking
Atenolol 25mg bid for treatment of PVCs for three years.
Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 5 minutes later
Thanks for replying back with very pertinent input.
No there is absolutely no need to repeat tests. Changes in EKG are very non specific so unless you have shortness of breath, chest discomfort or pain there is no further need for any cardiac consultation.
Best Wishes

DR Anil Grover