ECHO test showed mass in left atrium. What does this indicate?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
I had a stress test, mri, catscan, heart momitor for 24 hours and an echo test last friday . The echo showed a 1-2 centimeter mass in my left atrium. A TEE test
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 14 minutes later
Hi, Based on the description, this mass in the left atrium needs to be evaluated. The most likely cause could be a left atrial myxoma. Please discuss with your cardiologist. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: ECHO test showed mass in left atrium. What does this indicate? 6 minutes later
I semt another question in full detail of what the cardiologist findinfs were today - please see that one

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: I have not yet received the detailed cardiologist report. Please upload it again. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM