ECG shows left axis deviation in sinus rhythm, consistent with LAFB, possible septal infarct. Explain

I would like to know whether these results from my fathers ECG can explain, why he is sick. The results said: Sinus Rythm - marked left axis deviation - consistent with LAFB - possible septal infarct. My father is 86 years old, but was very healthy except for the last 3 months. He has had no appetite, felt dizzy and nausea and been very tired. He is non smoking and drinking and eat healthy food and is normally very active and of sound mind.
Can this relate from the heart or what do you think?
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
EKG (I am sure it would have been confirmed by MD also) says that he has left anterior fascicular block that is abnormality of conduction tissue with some more findings which suggest that he has suffered a heart attack of posterior region of heart. If you are describing 3 months old findings EKG ought to be repeated and he should be seen by a doctor who would like to order some tests or refer him for cardiac consultation. If it is a recent EKG, please get an appointment with a cardiologist age is no bar for starting treatment of heart attack. I assure you he may not become like 60 year old man but certainly he will improve with expert's guidance. You can upload the EKG in follow up query, I will be wiser in reporting it myself. Good Luck.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW