ECG showed slow sinus rhythm and precordial repolarization disturbance. Looking for suggestion

Hi I just had an ECG done. It came back abnormal. It states: sinus rhythm slow ( I looked this up and it said that my HR was under 60) it normally is. I am an athlete. Also states: marked right and mid precordial repolarization disturbance - consider ischemia or LV overload. The last thing it says is large negative T in V3, with negative T in V2 and V4 with small negative T in V5. Can you interpret this for me? I have an appointment with a cardiologist next week, but would love to understand this before hand. Also, should I limit my cardio activity or keep my Heart Rate at a lower rate? Thanks
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is an indication for further investigation.
A physical examination, followed by HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – will all be necessary for proper assessment and assistance.

The heart – like any other organ - has its own nerve and blood supply. The nerves stimulate the heart – the electrical activity is recorded as ECG. The stimulation is called de-polarisation (QRS wave) and the recovery is called re-polarisation (ST segment, T wave).

Reduced blood supply (Coronary Artery Disease), heart muscle disease (Cardiomyopathy), affection of the nerves, electrolytes and so on can cause changes.

Heart rate less than 60 is slow (bradycardia) / more than 100 is fast (Tachycardia). Athletes’ heart rate is usually slow.

For the present, avoid strenuous physical effort and psychological stress, until you get yourself investigated. No need to restrict the normal daily needs, unless there are symptoms.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck