ECG results. QRS(T) contour abnormality, anterolateral myocardial damage. Any comments and advise?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
hi..my mothers ECG results are back and it writes QRS (T) contour abnormality, consider anterolateral myocardial damage. the results are as follows:

P 16 deg
QRS 22 Deg
T 72 deg

Intervals
RR 632ms
P 68ms
PQ 112ms
QRS 84ms
QT 348ms
Qtc 438 ms

The family physician has a look at the results and past ECG results and said nothing to worry about.
My mother is 62 years old.
I am still worried about these results. Can you please comment?

Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 5 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

The reports that you have mentioned in your query are usually computer generated values and has no value unless confirmed by your physician.

Though the values mentioned appear good and compatible with her age, it would be better if you can upload the scanned ECG on this webpage.

The values are normal for your mother's age and you need not worry.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

I wish your mother a healthy heart.

Good luck

Follow-up: ECG results. QRS(T) contour abnormality, anterolateral myocardial damage. Any comments and advise? 45 hours later
Hi Dr Subroto

Thank you for your response.

I have attached the ECG sketch for your perusal.

George

Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 11 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX . . .

I can't see any ECG.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. Alternatively, you can mail them to me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “attention to Dr. Subroto Mandal”.

Once I see the ECG then I can comment in details.

Waiting for the ECG.

Good luck . . .

Follow-up: ECG results. QRS(T) contour abnormality, anterolateral myocardial damage. Any comments and advise? 13 hours later
Hi Dr Subroto

I have uploaded the image. I hope you can see it.

I will await your response.

George
Follow-up: ECG results. QRS(T) contour abnormality, anterolateral myocardial damage. Any comments and advise? 23 hours later
Hi Dr Subroto

I am not sure if you have seen my email message but I have emailed the ECG image.

George

Answered by Dr. (Prof.) Subroto Mandal 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
I have seen the ECG, it looks all within normal limits. The computer generated report is not correct.
So, don't worry, be happy
Good luck .