ECG report says possible left anterior fascicular block. Heart enlarged. What to do?

Critical Care Specialist
I just got a report of an ECG it says possible left anterior fascicular block, interior infarct age undetermined. I am obese I read it can be a false positive if a machine reads it. I am to have a knee replacement in 4 days what do I heart is enlarged frontal and lateral views of chest no gross infiltrate cardiomegaly no acute infiltrate. My chol is 187 ,trig 195 blood sugar 165 controlled bp for years I have upper back pain mostly all the time with shoulder pains but it is pain when I lift my arms I have had this for years. I take zinc and atotonoel for bp have had a little spells of irregular heart beats post menopausel
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can undergo knee replacement.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX.
ECG report by machine is not reliable. The ECG findings which you have mentioned above are interpreted by machine and therefore not reliable. Machine interprets even small artifacts as finding and even small change in position of electrodes, vibrations or even change in body position or respiratory movements produces artifacts which are interpreted by as serious findins.ECG findings are only reliable when the ECG is read by a physician and to be more accurate by a cardiologists. Your chest X Rays report is normal except cardiomegaly which could be due to hypertension. Cardiomegaly and hypertension can give rise to irregular heart beast. Your lipoid profile is normal. Blood sugar is slightly deranged .Aches and pain in different parts of body do occur in postmenopausal women due to hormonal changes leading to alternation in calcium metabolism. You can discuss management of this issue with your treating physician.
You can undergo knee replacement under spinal/epidural anaesthesia or combined spinal and epidural anesthesia with very little risk to your heart.
Hope this answers your question.
If you have any more questions in your mind write back I am readily available to answer.
Best wishes and take care.