During sleep, get awake and freezing cold in warm room. Underlying cause?

During my sleep, I get awake and am freezing cold in a warm room. This happened twice last week and again last night.
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Thyroid disorder, anxiety, peripheral neuropathy

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your query I feel you might be suffering from thyroid disorder, usually hypothyroidism can present like this. Kindly get your blood investigated for free T3, T4 and TSH levels(thyroid stimulating hormone). If the levels are less then you might need thyroxine supplementation.
Also get your blood pressure checked, decreased BP i.e hypotension can be a contributing cause.
Rarely anxiety disorder can present like this.
Peripheral neuropathy which is common as age advances can present like this.
Treatment will be cause oriented.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile