During sex im getting a very quick heart beat. Is this normal?

Hi. During sex im getting a very quick heart beat. Is this normal. I have done many tests on my heart. You can see by my previous questions all the tests i have done
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
welcome to XXXXXXX
i am a qualified cardiologist, i read your mail with diligence.

All in all, average sexual activity ranks as mild to moderate in terms of exercise intensity.
As for oxygen consumption, it comes in at about 3.5 METS (metabolic equivalents), which is about the same as doing the , raking leaves, or playing ping pong.
Sex burns about five calories a minute; that's four more than a man uses watching TV, but it's about the same as walking the course to play golf.
If a man can walk up two or three flights of stairs without difficulty, he should be in shape for sex.
During sexual intercourse, a man's heart rate may gets above 130 beats a minute, and his systolic blood pressure nearly always stays under 170.
And a man like you of 35 years the heart rate can reach upto 150-160.
so dont be anxious , till you do not have any cardiac problems. and enjoy the life.
i think i cleared your query.
thank you.