During sex condom came inside and ejaculation was inside condom. Took ipill. Was ovulating. Pregnant?

Question
hi, i had an incident last night where the condom came off inside me. he did ejaculate inside the condom. 30 mins later i took next choice one dose, but i am in my ovulating/fertile period. how effective is the next choice one dose pill?
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy rate <1%.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX

Thanks for asking the query on XXXXXXX

Pregnancy rate after levonorgesterol emergency contraceptive pill (next choice) is less than 1%. A WHO randomized control study has concluded that there is no difference between single dose method and double dose method. So,one dose pill is equally effective.

Good Luck.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you. If you have any further query you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: During sex condom came inside and ejaculation was inside condom. Took ipill. Was ovulating. Pregnant? 12 minutes later
so basically, i have nothing to worry about as far as becoming pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Relax no worry and follow instructions

Detailed Answer:
Yes you can be relax but as I already told you the failure rate is only 1% but it is there. So I would advise you to have a urine pregnancy test done 2-3 days after your period. (In case you miss it)