During periods observed low flow and then brown discharge. Having symptoms like slight nausea, tiredness and bloating stomach. Guide?

Hi doctor! Here's a questions about my unusual period. My last regular one was from 21st to 25th April. I have been having 5 hpt (most recent one this morning) and 2 hog blood tests these 2 weeks, all came negative. A much lighter period was from 23rd to 29th May (except Day 1 was regularly heavy). During this light period, it was a few drops of red blood with dark clots every 2 hours interval when i went to washroom and check. This light period was then followed by 1.5 days of clear (or a really insignificant light brown) discharge, which was between water? and mucus like (or not as thick as my usual mucus discharge during ovulation).

I have also had symptoms like slight nausea, tiredness and bloating stomach these 2 weeks. Despite my prescribed medication of antibiotics, which was finished last Wednesday, the symptoms are still there. Would the period and these symptoms indicate any possibility of pregnancy or just my over-stress about the coincidence? AND How much would you see there is still a possibly pregnancy?
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
You had your period with a heavy flow for one day. The repeated pregnancy tests are negative. This completely rules out the pregnancy. The mild irregular spotting that you are having now is likely to be due to a mild hormonal disturbance or the over stress.
These symptoms and spotting is likely to gradually subside over next week without any treatment. Please do not worry. Pregnancy is ruled out as the blood test is a highly specific and sensitive test to detect pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: During periods observed low flow and then brown discharge. Having symptoms like slight nausea, tiredness and bloating stomach. Guide? 7 minutes later
Hi Dr. Rakhi! Sorry for clarifying one thing...The heavy flow was only on Day 1 NIGHT. As for other times from Day 1 to Day 6, there were only few drops every 2 or 3 hours i checked. Would it still be normal? And also those symptoms that I have mentioned still bother me, which is mainly the reason why I still can't rule out the possibility of pregnancy (mentally? or physically?) up till now. What are the possible explanations you think these symptoms associate with?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Even if the flow was intermittent, this will be counted as a period. Other possibilities are threatened abortion, ectopic pregnancy, missed abortion, etc are all ruled out since the repeated pregnancy tests are negative.
The symptoms of nausea, bloating that you are having could be related to gastritis, intestinal infection or stress. Please do not worry. These will subside with dietary modifications, rest and an over the counter anti emetic and omeprazole.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.